Inn: 1838 oldest operating establishment in Michigan. Clara and Henry Ford made this their home from 1924 until 1951.
Once a favorite stagecoach stop, Henry Ford first patronized the Inn while courting his future wife, Clara, in a horse and buggy. In 1924, he purchased and restored the Inn. Mrs. Ford was a lover of fine gardens, so the Fords planted an early American garden where summer receptions are now held.
65 guest rooms with private baths. Furnished with many antiques and artifacts from Fordís collection including ďThe StellaĒ (a Swiss music box), a square Chickering piano once owned by General Custerís sister, and a buffet from General Leeís home. The Innís desk is rumored to have been used by Abraham Lincoln. Brass and four poster beds, beamed dressers and heavily framed mirrors adorn the second floor bedrooms.
The Fordís garden, swimming pool, and coach house available for banquets, receptions and meetings. Dining room specializes in authentic, American dishes and Sunday morning brunch.
3 day minimum - EC
Home Page | Reservations | E-Mail
©1999-2000 Celebrity Getaways International
*except where otherwise noted
All Rights Reserved